Music Builds Communities
A Community project for Newmarket and Area
“.....bringing people together through music!”
Contact Us on email@example.com Phone: 07968-
MBC GDPR COMPLIANCE
The GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation, has been in operation since May 2017 and is enforceable from 25th May 2018.
MUSIC BUILDS COMMUNITIES (MBC) will comply with the requirements of GDPR.
You may have provided data in the past we need to ask you we need to ask your agreement in the following way:
1) Information about you/ Why we need this data
a) What data we have, or we collect
(1) Your name and email address – to keep you informed of MBC activities
ii) If volunteered by you:
(1) Your phone number/in case of cancellations
(2) Your address to enable contact by mail if email fails
iii) Other information
(1) Your interests (singing, instruments etc)
(2) Your attendance at activities
(3) Initial request to attend MBC activities, particularly for family members under 18 years.
b) Where and how it is stored;
i) In Virginmedia, Gmail or Hotmail address books with password control
ii) Attendance information on spreadsheets on Microsoft One Drive with password control
c) Who can view it / what they can view;
i) The MBC Management Group and Session leaders (current and potential)/all information you provided
ii) Emails to distribution lists will be sent using “bcc” to prevent your email address being shared.
2) You may provide data in a number of formats e.g. on paper, on line, etc and may have a copy of this policy by request to the DPO (Data Protection Officer – email firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) The DPO for MBC is John Saville
4) You have the right to:
a) Be removed from the lists etc; but this will affect your ability to learn of current/potential/future activities at MBC.
b) See what information we store about you, by request to the DPO, and we will provide this within one month.
c) Have your data deleted
d) Change details of the data
5) The data will not be shared with others.
6) We will retain the information until you request its deletion or for a period of 3 months after MBC is dissolved.
Click to see a full version of the MBC Privacy Notice.
You can indicate you agreement to MBC holding data on you, or your family members under 18 below.
Please note we may hold information on family members who were under 18 when they participated but are now over 18. In that case please indicate below or by email to email@example.com
Rev 1.2 2018-
Please complete this form for yourself and any children who have participated in MBC activities.
After completion you may be asked to put in some words. If you get a V1 message just put in any letter and click submit and then the words should appear.
Please note this form is no longer active after March 31, 2018 (for technical reasons beyond our control).
Please send an email to
With the following wording,
Please then include your forename and surname and that information together with the date of birth for each of your children who have participated in any MBC events.
* delete these words if not applicable
Note: we need date of birth of any children as we will need to obtain their agreement when they attain 18 years of age.